Do not be deceived; do not be distracted; leave everything and follow Jesus Christ. Matthew 24:5-14
- Take heed that none deceives you.
- Do not be distracted by wars. Overcome your own wars.
- You must leave everything to follow Jesus. You cannot be bound by possessions; possessions can hinder. Levi (Matthew) left everything. Luke 5:27-28, "After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he left all, rose up, and followed Him."
Zacchaeus also left everything and even made restitution. His acts of restitution must have converted some people to Christ. Luke 19:8
- When you follow Jesus, he sees you in whatever storm you are. Mark 6:45-52, Mark 4:38-40
- Wait for his word then proceed at his word. Matthew 14:29
- Follow his reliance on the Father.
- Have no fear, be confident and break down barriers. Jesus spoke and acted with authority and conviction.
- Realize that it is a journey of transformation and transfiguration. You must not remain the same. You must be renewed in your mind.
- Live according to his teachings. Be compassionate, forgive the shortcomings of others and do not be judgmental.
- Live in God's community and sustain each other.